Sr. Java Developer with Guidewire/ClaimCenter
Location: Indianapolis, IN
A Senior Level Fusion Alliance Java Developer is responsible for building Java applications at a higher level than normal for both Fusion Alliance and our clients. This includes anything between complex groups of front-end and back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts. The primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
What we look for in a Fusion Alliance Sr. Java Developer:
- Experience building complex, scalable, and high-performance systems that have been successfully delivered to the customers.
- Implements a solution architecture with custom designs combined with reusable components.
- Strong in-depth experience in one or more of our core technologies (primarily Java in this case)
- High level of proficiency in every area of the project lifecycle (from new development to defect radiation).
- Strong communication skills to work successful in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Hungry to learn, high level of passion, and can learn and adapt quickly to new challenges or hurdles.
Other Skills and Experience:
- High level of proficiency in Java with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code with reusable Java libraries.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
Must have experience with Guidewire/Claimcenter experience.
- Experience with both external and embedded databases.
- Proficient understanding of code version tools such as Git, Mercurial, and Subversion.
- Experience with any of the following technologies we utilize most often: Angular.js, AWS, Backbone, Express, Grails, Hibernate, J2EE, JSF, Mongo, MVC, Node.js, RESTful Services, SOAP, Spring, and especially for this role Apache Tomcat.
- Qualified, educated individuals who have 7+ years of relevant professional and technological experience.
- People who are not just technically savvy but are professionally and socially perceptive and flexible enough to make technical information easily understood by anyone in an organization.
- Productive and goal-oriented with a desire to continually improve upon professional development.