Power BI Developer/Data Analyst
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Fusion Alliance is looking for a Power BI Developer/Data Analyst! As a PowerBI developer the candidate is expected to understand the Business Intelligence requirements and develop BI reports using PowerBI with an emphasis on data model and user experience. Work with partner teams and integrate BI solution with other pieces of the BI solution. Provide data analytics services to help solve business problems, drive value, and gain strategy and insight from information. Listed below are the general requirements:
- Provide data analytics services to help solve business problems, drive value, and gain strategy and insight from information.
- Creates dashboards that surface impactful KPIs to business users and empower them to make day-to-day data-driven decisions.
- Participates in the evaluation of business requirements within the department and across functions.
- Transforms client requests into data deliverables to include data models, data mappings, data visualizations that tell compelling stories and improve decision making.
- Contributes to the development of agile execution plans for data deliverables. Depicts moderately complex to complex ideas, issues and data designs to varied audiences.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of new standards and procedures.
- Investigates components of new tools and techniques.
- Works with Agile team on development of an MVP and iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
- Participate in scrums as part of Agile development team.
- Estimate size and Implementation of backlog items, translate into design and logical units of work (tasks).
- Completes other project work or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Good overall 4+ years of experience in designing and developing BI solutions using PowerBI.
- Experience working in an IT function 2 years.
- General knowledge business function(s) and business operations, as well as IT strategies, and methodologies, including understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- General knowledge of layered systems architectures and understanding of shared software concepts, cloud based platforms, and development tools.
- Extensive knowledge of data design and tools required. Proficiency in SQL and DBMS languages and tools; knowledgeable in new and emerging technologies.
- Extensive and recent experience with Power BI, SQL, DAX, Excel, VBA Power Query.
- Knowledge of Python and R and capability to learn programming for data reporting.
- Experience with databases and the ability to manipulate and query large data sets required.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
- Excellent communication skills to work with various stake holders and partner teams.
- Experience working within a geographically-dispersed team.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Application Portfolio management concepts.
- Knowledge of data sources such as Troux, Remedy, Jira.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure type reporting (server inventories, configuration mgmt data, financials).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Flow and Power Apps.
- Expertise with process flows.