Candidate must be willing to work in Columbus, IN on a daily basis.
A Scrum Master helps oversee the scrum and development team. They are knowledgeable in Agile methodology and scrum and able to educate others. They act as a buffer for the scrum team and management and maintain a safe working environment for the team by helping with conflict resolution. The Scrum Master is a servant leader and uses their servant leadership capabilities and mindset to help empower, energize and motivate the team(s) they support. Must have great team and customer relationship skills and be able to effectively craft key communications to project stakeholders.
- Guides team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guides team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks. − Facilitates Scrum ceremonies (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings).
- Assesses the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removes impediments or guides the team to remove impediments.
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitates getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Provides support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Ability to shield team from outside distractions and interferences.
Skills and Education Requirements
- BS or BA degree required. Scrum Master certification (CSM or PSM 1).
- Experience in a Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like: Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Understand fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile framework preferred.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and user stories.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence or similar agile tracking software.
- Availability to coach team on Agile practices.
- Working in team environment focused on customer or internally driven project work.
- Provide support for Product Owner and development team.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies.
- Be a servant leader.
- Supporting Sales engagements with subject matter expertise as required.